DTA-70.1 9-Channel Amplifier
Talk softly, but carry a big stick. Behind the simple facade of the THX® Ultra2™ Certified DTA-70.1 lies enough amplification muscle to power even the most demanding home theater. Enjoy diamond-sharp precision, whatever the volume.
- 220 W/Ch at 6Ω, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Drive, IEC
- THX Ultra2 Certified
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- HICC (High Instantaneous-Current Capability)
- Push-Pull Amplification Design with Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry to Remove Distortion
- All Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- Massive Toroidal Transformer
- Two Large, Customized, 22,000 μF Capacitors for Effective Power Supply
- Audio-Tuned Reference Capacitors for Each Channel
- Large, Custom-Designed Power Transistors to Drive High Currents
- Low-Impedance, Copper Bus Plates for Perfect Ground Potential
- High-Current, Low-Impedance Circuit Boards with Thick Copper Foil (70 μm)
- Flat, High-Rigidity, Anti-Resonant Chassis
- Gold-Plated XLR Inputs
- Machined Solid Brass RCA Inputs
- Gold-Plated, Color-Coded, Banana Plug-Compatible, Transparent Speaker Posts
- Multi-Zone Capability (up to Zone 3)*
- Bi-Amping Capability*
- 12 V Trigger Input
- Auto Power Down Function
- Aluminum Front Panel
* Depending on A/V Controller.
HICC (High Instantaneous-Current Capability)—Experience audio with greater dynamics
When an amplifier outputs an audio signal, the connected speakers accumulate energy, reflex, and send energy back to the amplifier. The amplifier must then immediately cancel the speakers’ reflex energy and instantaneously send out the next signal. The same high current required to achieve this is also necessary to handle speaker impedance fluctuations, which can force an amplifier to provide four to six times its usual current load. The DTA-70.1’s instantaneous current capability ensures that audio output is not affected by power limitations. In order to handle high levels of instantaneous current, the DTA-70.1 incorporates several key design features.
(1) Push-Pull Amplification Design with Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry
Found only in high-end amplifiers, this ultra-sensitive circuitry reduces distortion by maintaining voltage stability and enhancing transient response.
(2) Improved Board Design
The DTA-70.1 features an improved board design with short signal pathways to reduce electromagnetic interference. The board is also designed to optimize power delivery to the speaker drivers.
(3) Symmetrical Layout
The amplifier design also incorporates a symmetrical alignment of power devices for each channel. With channels built to be identical in terms of electrical, structural, heat-generating, weight, and electromagnetic characteristics, errors in stereophonic playback are minimized.
All-Analog Circuitry Unaffected by Digital Noise
A standard integrated A/V receiver has the dual task of both processing and amplifying audio signals, and is therefore susceptible to noise interference from digital circuitry. As a dedicated power amp with all-analog circuitry, the DTA-70.1 suffers no such interference. When partnered with a high-quality pre-pro, the DTA-70.1 offers all the benefits of pure analog amplification: a warm, musical, and full-bodied sound.
THX® Ultra2™ Certified
When a home cinema component receives THX certification, it is your guarantee that it will accurately present movies the way they were mixed by the filmmaker in the studio. In the case of THX Ultra2 certification—the ultimate benchmark for home audio performance—a power amplifier must offer high-quality, high-output performance for multi-channel playback in large rooms. Among the strict criteria that THX uses for judging the quality of a power amplifier are measurements of continuous power output, distortion levels, and heat generation.
|Power Output||All Channels: 220 W/Ch at 6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC|
|Dynamic Power||400 W (3 Ω, Front)
300 W (4 Ω, Front)
180 W (8 Ω, Front)
|THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise):||0.05% (Rated Power)|
|Input Sensitivity and Impedance:||1 V/47 kΩ (Balanced)
2 V/22 kΩ (Unbalanced)
|Frequency Response:||5 Hz–100 kHz / +1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio:||110 dB (Unbalanced, IHF-A)|
|Speaker Impedance:||4 Ω–16 Ω or 6 Ω–16 Ω|
|Power Supply:||AC 220–240 V~, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption:||1.050 W|
|Dimensions (W x H x D):||435 x 198.5 x 445 mm|